Peri peri cornflake chicken recipe
Numerous mouth-watering dishes can be made by mingling chicken with other ingredients. One such dish is the Peri peri cornflake chicken. Peri peri cornflake chicken, a spicy and crunchy snack, is full of taste and nutrition. Its Peri Peri flavor gives it the wonderful taste that people crave, and the cornflakes make it even more desirable by adding crunchiness to it.
Who said cornflakes could only be eaten with milk in the morning? This recipe introduces peri-peri chicken to the crunchy, tasty cornflakes and gives them the form of this delicious dish. The taste of the Peri-Peri’s authentic flavours and the crunchy twist added to it by the cornflakes make it an irresistible delight for chicken lovers.
A good peri-peri sauce will give your chicken all the kick of spices it needs. One such sauce is the High On Chicken Peri-Peri, which is the perfect traditional mix of flavours to make your dish unforgettable. The High On Chicken Peri-Peri sauce is made from African bird-eye chilli mixed with garlic and lemon to enhance the taste of your dish. Here is the recipe for this easy-to-cook recipe.
Ingredients for the dish
- Two chicken breast pieces, cut into strips
- A bowl of cornflour or all-purpose flour
- High On Chicken Peri-Peri sauce
- 120gram corn-flakes
Recipe for the Peri peri cornflake chicken
Cooking time: About 20-25 minutes
Servings: Can serve two people
- Before you start cooking, preheat the oven to 220 degree Celsius
- Crush the cornflakes to convert them to smaller crunchy flakes.
- Wash the chicken breast pieces that are cut into strips.
- Coat these strips with cornflour or all-purpose flour evenly on the surface.
- Dip these chicken strips into the High on Chicken Peri Peri Sauce.
- After dipping, coat the dipped chicken evenly with the crushed cornflakes.
- On a baking sheet, apply and spread some oil.
- Put the chicken pieces on it and spread a layer of oil.
- Bake this chicken for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Make sure you turn the chicken to the other side occasionally.
- After it gets baked perfectly to the desired texture, take it out on a plate.
- The dish is ready and can be served with the High on Chicken Peri-Peri sauce or other hot sauces like the High on Chicken Fiery hot sauce.
Origin of the Peri Peri
The history of the origin of Peri-Peri has been quite controversial. The belief is that the Portuguese explorers created the flavour in Mozambique, South Africa after they discovered the African bird’s eye chilli pepper and made a marinade by adding garlic, vinegar, and many more European ingredients it. The Piri-Piri or Peri-Peri chicken became popular in Portugal in the late ’60s when many Portuguese returning from Mozambique brought the dish.
What makes the traditional Peri Peri flavour so authentic?
What makes the Peri-Peri flavour so delicious is the blend of spices in its sauce. One of the main things that make the traditional Peri-Peri so flavorful is the sun-baked fermented African Birdseye chillies.
To preserve these chillies after harvest, the local African people mash them, and the fermentation is done under the heat of the Sun. This paste, mixed with the flavours of garlic and the tanginess of lemons, makes the Peri Peri sauce so tempting and mouth-watering.
A good sauce for the dip is as necessary as the sauce used for cooking; that is why High on Chicken sauces are recommended as its made traditionally and create the perfect blend of the best spices. This recipe can be quickly followed and will not take much longer to make the Peri peri cornflake chicken. The High on Chicken Peri-Peri sauce will make this cooking process even faster and easier.
Moreover, the flavour added by the High on Chicken Peri-Peri sauce makes it tasty as well as highly tempting. Due to the protein-rich chicken breasts and cornflakes enriched with nutrients like Iron, Peri peri cornflake chicken is considered a healthy snack. Moreover, the Piri Piri or Peri Peri chilli with its vitamins B1, B2, and B3 and minerals like potassium, phosphorus, iron, and calcium enhances the metabolism making the dish even more healthy and beneficial.
The rich flavours of the High on Chicken Peri Peri sauce, the nutrition, and the juicy and crispy chicken coated with the crunchy flakes served with tasty hot sauce, are more than enough to please and satisfy the taste buds of non-veg lovers.